Members Area - A Protected Section of the Website
In this platform (website), most of the information is publicly available. However, this section contains some pages that are restricted to members only.
This explanatory page is set to PUBLIC - anyone can see it. However, the Member Directory* and the Meetings* page (under the Members tab) each require log-in from an authorized member account (aka Stoneridge homeowner).
- Each homeowner chooses what (if any) of their information displays in the Member Directory.
- The Meetings page summarizes information on past and future meetings, including meeting login details.
Member Accounts & Communications
Each of our 135 properties has a primary account set up in this platform for access, communications, and voting (Level 1 User).
See the Members Account page for more detail on accessing your account, recovering username or password, security, and more.
The Association has moved primarily to virtual communications for notices of neighborhood events, crime watch alerts, meeting information, document posting, etc. That includes utilizing this platform/website, emails to members, and (possibly) texting. Only items officially required or deemed necessary by the Board to be sent by postal mail will be mailed. This enables us to reduce costs of copying and postage and to get information out more quickly.
Remember, the Association Board Members and Officers are your neighbors, volunteer. We live here, too. Our goal is to serve the Stoneridge Community and do what makes sense. For instance, it quickly came to light that people prefer a PRINTED newsletter. The January newsletter was printed, but hand-delivered. (No postage!) And it will also be available on the website.
The Bishop Company
The Bishop Company remains the contact for compliance issues, dues, financial matters, architectural change requests, etc. They have their own system and processes that are not part of this platform.
- Note the instructions for Architectural Change Requests are posted here. The completed information goes to Bishop.
Privacy and Security
- Contact Details: Your contact details will be used only for association business and communications from the POA leadership and The Bishop Company. Contact information will not be shared with 3rd parties.
- Member Directory: YOU choose what - if any - of your contact information displays in the directory that can be seen only by members who have logged in.
- We encourage you to at least show name, house #, street (that much is available to anyone who looks at the TCAD property records).
- Password Storage: For security reasons, this platform stores passwords in hashed form. This guards against the possibility that someone who gains unauthorized access to the database can retrieve the passwords of every user in the system. Hashing performs a one-way transformation on a password, turning the password into another value, called the hashed password. “One-way” means that it is practically impossible to go the other way - to turn the hashed password back into the original password.
Password Transmission: The hashed password value is not encrypted before it is stored in the database. When a member submits the password using the login form, the password is sent in clear text to the server. The website software takes the clear text password, performs a similar one-way hash and compares it to the database value. If the passwords match, then login is successful.